Heart of the community appeal

Donate today

Help us install a life-saving defibrillator at every YHA hostel for the benefit of the whole community

Please donate what you can to our heart of the community appeal. Our aim is to raise £300,000 to install defibrillators at every hostel in England and Wales by the end of 2025.

If we achieve our target, we can fund the equipment, installation, special housing, maintenance and — crucially — CPR training for hostel teams.

A life-saving gift

According to the British Heart Foundation, 30,000 cardiac arrests happen outside of hospital each year in the UK. Sadly, 90% of these are fatal. For every minute someone is in cardiac arrest without CPR and access to a defibrillator, their chance of survival drops by 10%. So, investing in a defibrillator means the difference between life and death.

We want to play our part in investing in our local communities and in creating a nation of life savers.

Defibrillators will be supplied by the British Heart Foundation.

Help us to install a life-saving defibrillator at every YHA hostel.

Heart of the community appeal

£
How would you like to make your donation?
Tell us about yourself

Communication preferences

I would like to receive information from YHA on the latest news, special offers, campaigns and appeals, including the great work YHA does as a charity for young people. See our Privacy Policy.
I would like to receive information from YHA on the latest news, special offers, campaigns and appeals, including the great work YHA does as a charity for young people. See our Privacy Policy.

Gift flexibility

Please check the statement below. If you don’t tick this box, we will be obliged to return your donation to you.
T&Cs
Credit Card Info
This is a secure SSL encrypted payment.
Billing Details

Gift Aid it?

Gift Aid It!Add 25% more to your donation at no cost to you.

By ticking the "Yes" box, I agree I would like YHA Fundraising to reclaim the tax on all qualifying donations I have made, as well as any future donations, until I notify them otherwise. I understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year I may be asked to pay any difference. I understand that YHA Fundraising will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I give.

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid does not cost you a penny more, but can add an additional 25p to every £1 you donate. When YHA Fundraising receives a donation from a UK taxpayer, we're entitled to claim an amount of tax (calculated at the basic rate of income tax in that year) paid on that donation. Once you have given your permission for us to do this on your behalf, there is no need for you to do anything else.

All that is required is that you must be a taxpayer and that would have paid or will pay sufficient Income and/or Capital Gains Tax to cover all the Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year. Please note that it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

The amount of tax we claim will be 25% of the total value of your donations in that tax year. Furthermore, if you are a higher taxpayer, you are also entitled to claim the difference between the basic rate which we will claim and the amount of tax you have actually paid. For further details on how you can do this, please contact your tax office. If your tax situation changes and your gifts will no longer be eligible for the Gift Aid scheme please contact us and we will amend your record accordingly.

Take me to my donation »

Terms

Donation Total: £25.00

If you would prefer to make a donation over the phone, please call 01629 700990.

You can also send a cheque, payable to ‘YHA (England & Wales)’ to: Heart of the community appeal, Trevelyan House, Dimple Road, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3YH.

How you can support the appeal

You can help us acheive our goal of £300,000 in variety of different ways.

An exterior shot of a YHA hostel

Make a donation

Donate to our heart of the community appeal and help us install a life-saving defibrillator at every YHA hostel for the benefit of the whole community.

Heart of the community illustration with stick people holding hands

Play our raffle

Fancy a flutter? Play our raffle and be in for a chance of winning £3,000. Tickets cost £1 and proceeds will support us to install defibrillators at every hostel.

Home baked butterfly buns

Attend a fundraising event

Hostel teams throughout England and Wales are busy fundraising through community events. Look out for opportunities to join in the fun at your local hostel or on your next YHA adventure.

FundraisingAppealsHeart of the community appeal