Virgin London Marathon Terms and Conditions
– If your Golden Bond application is successful you will also be required to sign up to, and comply with, the event organiser’s event rules and/or terms and conditions. Please read these carefully, as they will set out the event organiser’s obligations and liabilities to you and vice versa.
– Please note that YHA is not responsible for the organisation or management of the event, and therefore we shall have no liability to you for any injury, damage or loss suffered by you when taking part in or in connection with the event.
– I declare I will be 18 years or over on the day of the event
– I accept that the organiser’s/sponsors/partners/marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event.
– YHA may share your details with the event organiser.
– I understand that entry fees are non-refundable and if granted a guaranteed YHA Golden Bond place, please note this place is non-transferable. (Transfers between events are not permissible.)
– You are personally responsible for registering on the event console. Failure to do so will mean you will be unable to take part. We will inform you well in advance if this is necessary.
– We aim to notify successful applicants as soon as possible after receiving your application. If your application is not immediately successful we will keep a waiting list and inform you if a place becomes available.
– Please note that all monies that you raise in connection with the event are held on trust for YHA, and therefore you have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with an event are paid to us. We ask that you do this as soon as possible, but in any event within six weeks of the date of the event.
– Free accommodation (including evening meal and breakfast) in London the night before the event for team members. You will be asked to pay for this if you fail to raise the first £250 of your target before April 20th 2018.
– This event may be photographed or filmed for our use in print, press and online marketing. I hereby give my permission YHA to use my name, quotes, video, audio recordings and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes.
– YHA will not be held responsible for any injury or illness resulting from your participation in the event. If you are granted a guaranteed YHA Golden Bond place, you agree that you will undertake suitable training and consult your GP if you have any concerns regarding health or injury and declare that you will not compete in the race unless you are medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, you will compete at my own risk.
– If you are unable to take part in the event you will need to send written confirmation of this, via email, or letter. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee entry in the same event for the following year although you will be able to apply for a place again in the following year.
– YHA reserves the right to revoke race places in exceptional circumstances.
All correspondence regarding this application should be directed to [email protected]