Terms and conditions
The Virtual Virgin London Marathon Terms and Conditions
- The participant pledges to raise a minimum of £200 (excluding gift aid) in sponsorship money for YHA (England & Wales) which should be received by YHA (England & Wales) within 6 weeks of the Challenge.
- All funds raised through the Challenge must be payable to YHA (England & Wales) in £ sterling. The objective is to raise as much sponsorship as possible.
- The participant agrees to pay a £20 registration fee to YHA (England and Wales) which will reserve a charity place for the participant to take part in the event.
- The participant shall not use the place to raise money for another charity.
- If for any reason the participant is unable to take part in the race, they must notify YHA (England and Wales) immediately in writing, via email or letter. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee entry in the same event for the following year although you will be able to apply for a place again.
- I understand that entry fees are non-refundable and if granted a guaranteed YHA Virtual Marathon place, please note this place is the property of YHA and is non-transferable. (Transfers between events are not permissible.)
- You are personally responsible for registering on the event console. Failure to do so will mean you will be unable to take part. We will inform you well in advance if this is necessary.
- We aim to notify successful applicants as soon as possible after receiving your application. If your application is not immediately successful, we will keep a waiting list and inform you if a place becomes available
- I declare I will be 18 years or over on the day of the event
- Please note that YHA is not responsible for the organisation or management of the event, and therefore we shall have no liability to you for any injury, damage or loss suffered by you when taking part in or in connection with the event.
- I accept that the organiser’s/sponsors/partners/marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event.
- We do not sell or swap your details with any third parties, but in order to carry out our work, we may need to pass your details to service companies authorised to act on our behalf.
- We will keep your details on our database so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us.
- Please note that all monies that you raise in connection with the event are held on trust for YHA, and therefore you have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with an event are paid to us. We ask that you do this as soon as possible, but in any event within six weeks of the date of the event.
- This event may be photographed or filmed for our use in print, press and online marketing. I hereby give my permission to YHA to use my name, quotes, video, audio recordings and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes (please note you can contact [email protected] to request if you wish for none of the above to be used by YHA)
- YHA will not be held responsible for any injury or illness resulting from your participation in the event. If you are granted a guaranteed YHA Virtual Marathon place, you agree that you will undertake suitable training and consult your GP if you have any concerns regarding health or injury and declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk.
- Neither the event organiser non YHA will guarantee that the event will take place. In the event of the event being cancelled, YHA will inform the participant within 5 working days of being informed by the event organiser.
- If the event is unable to be rescheduled either the event organiser or YHA will provide a suitable alternative such as a an alternative virtual event for participants to take part in.
- If you are unable to take part in the event and need to cancel your place for any reason, the money you have raised will be used to help us change young lives
- YHA reserves the right to revoke race places in exceptional circumstances.
- All correspondence regarding this application should be directed to [email protected]
- I agree to the full Terms and Conditions outlined above.
Refund of donations
YHA works hard to ensure the process of making a donation is easy and trouble free. However we realise that sometimes mistakes can happen. Under charity law, charities are not permitted to refund donations, other than in specific circumstances as specified by the Charities Act 2011. If a mistake has occurred or your would like to discuss your donation please contact our Supporter Care team at [email protected] or give us a call on 0800 0191 700 We are happy to help and we’ll ask you a few questions to determine what’s happened so that we can help in any way that we can. We may also need paperwork from you before we can process your request. We are committed to the highest standards of legal compliance and we treat all requests for refunds with the utmost importance. Your concerns are important to us and we want to reassure you that we’ll update you every step of the way. Once we receive everything, we can then advise you of how long things will take – usually 7-10 working days. If you are unable to take part in an event and need to cancel your place for any reason, the money you have raised will be used to help us change young lives.