Our supporters are vital to our success and without your support and generosity we could not deliver powerful outcomes for young people with challenging lives.
Every donation we receive truly makes a difference, creating life changing opportunities in inspirational places. We are committed to treating you with the highest respect and value each individual who supports us.
At YHA (England & Wales), we have developed our fundraising activity with our supporters and donors in mind. Anyone who is kind enough to consider supporting us can be reassured that:
– We will administer your donation efficiently putting your gift to work quickly. We will welcome all new supporters and provide information and insight about our work.
– Your donation will be used responsibly and wherever practical we will respect your wishes if you would like to allocate your donation to a particular area of our work.
– We will keep our administration costs to a minimum and provide clear, public financial reports in our Annual Review.
– We use our communications to inform you of the latest news and achievements and update you on how your support is helping us deliver our vital work and to show you how you can further support us, unless you request us not to.
– We only want to contact people who are happy to hear from us and we encourage people to get in touch if they’d like to change the way we communicate with them. Every communication from us to members of the public will always include information on how to opt out from future communications. If you tell us you don’t want to hear from us again, or want to hear from us less, we will respect that.
– We will always check first that you’re happy to speak to us when we phone. And if you don’t want to be phoned, just let us know.
– We know people’s circumstances change and will always cancel donations if one of our supporters is in a vulnerable situation. We always stop direct debits received from donors if a third party (e.g. family and friends) advise us that the donor is vulnerable in some way; if we are satisfied that such third party is entitled to act on the donor’s behalf.
– We are honest and transparent at all times. We acknowledge when we make mistakes and we put things right.
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator to demonstrate our commitment to achieving the highest standards in fundraising and we strive at all times to comply with the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice. We will keep our fundraising practices under review and we will work with others with the aim of improving practice across the charity sector.
We are committed to undertaking our fundraising in a legal, open, honest and respectful manner by following the standards for fundraising set out in the Fundraising Promise. We use the Fundraising Regulator logo on our fundraising materials to show that we are following these standards.
We will only work with professional fundraising organisations that meet our high standards.